Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Position Paper Title...

Dr. Noreen approved my thesis statement on Emma. I guess my work would be a little different from other people as I am not finding for three main points on what the theme story is about, but rather the impact of the main character, Emma towards the people around her. I am drawn to this story not because it is just a Jane Austen novel, but because the main character does not need to marry for security, rather she only chooses to because she is in love with him. She is the head of her society and is the heiress to her father's estate- making her an interesting character compared to most of Austen's heroines.Moreover, this heroine is very much like the independent career woman today who is fully in charge of her life, thereby making it more relevant to today's kind of women.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home